I did a bunch of searches online to see how other field recordist were mounting their dpa 4060 in a stereo pair inside a Rode Blimp. I couldn't find a whole lot. So here's what I did. I went down to Lowe's and found a piece of plastic tubing. I think I paid around a $1 for it. I used a hacksaw to saw it off into the length I wanted it and then using some superglue I attached a dpa universal surface mount to each end. I found the tube to be just a little too small in diameter to fit into Rode mic mounts so I used some black electrical tape to fix that. It's super light weight and works great in the blimp. After playing with it, I decided to attach it to my Neumann 81i and that was easy with a plastic cable tie. Adding the Neumann makes the blimp a little heavier but now it's easy and quick to be able to get what I want. I used this set up to record my Ocean, Sea, Beach Ambience.
Learn more about the sounds I make and the projects I'm working on.