We are still recovering from Hurricane Florence and last week I was emptying a recycle bin that I had filled with water just in case we needed it. Before I emptied it and used some long plastic tubing I bought from Lowes to make lots of different bubble sounds. I attached the tubing to a brick with duct tape to make it sink to the bottom of the bin. Using my Sennheiser MKH 8040 stereo pair I recorded several different runs of bubble blowing. I also used a long broom stick to stir the water to make stirring sounds. After I dropped the sound in Logic Pro X, I was able to sample it and pitch the bubbles down a bit. I added some compression/EQ and added a track with a fireplace sound I recorded some time ago and another track of boiling steamy water. One I mastered it I have a nice witches boiling cauldron sound effect!
Learn more about the sounds I make and the projects I'm working on.